The five minute clean up
Someone popping round unexpectedly? Just a matter of moments to get your house looking shipshape? Here’s what do to fool your guests into believing you’re a domestic goddess.
- Only focus on rooms they’re likely to go into. Close all other doors.
- Wipe around the sink in the bathroom and chuck some cleaner down the loo (giving it a quick scrub if it needs it).
- Straighten the towels in the bathroom.
- Plump up the cushions in the lounge and gather any toys into bin bags and drop them in the kids’ rooms.
- Clear the coffee table of any clutter.
- Pile any dirty plates in the dishwasher.
- Wipe the kitchen surfaces and pop on a pot of coffee.
Fairy Platinum dishwasher tablets are so powerful, they not only clean your dishes, they also remove hidden grease from your dishwasher… And a cleaner dishwasher means you get sparkling clean dishes wash after wash. Find out how mums rate Fairy Platinum dishwasher tablets.The 10 minute clean up
House desperately needs a going over before you go to work or before the kids come home from school? Here’s what to focus on when you’ve got just 10 minutes to spare.
The 15 minute clean up
- All of the above plus…
- Hit the floors with a very quick vacuum (we’re talking around items here rather than under them).
- Gather up all clothing and throw it in the laundry bin.
- Empty all the bins.
Let’s face it, the 15 minute clean-up is the maximum most of us get during the week. Here’s how to maximise your time to get your house looking as clean as possible in this tiny window.
- All of the above plus...
- Make the beds. It’s amazing how made beds can instantly transform your house.
- Run around communal areas with a duster. Invest in a feather duster. It costs a few pounds more but is much easier than a cloth when you need to clean quickly.